Monday, April 18, 2005

THINGS I DISLIKE ABOUT THESE BLOGS (in the hope of a new and improved blogging facility)

The stupid hyperlinks don't work. That could be because I'm stupid.



Each post takes ages to publish, not to mention the comments. You have to keep reloading the page until it appears.

I hate how this site can't tell which time zone I'm in. It can't just give me 'Australia' and let me choose that option, which would ideally have all the figures for 'Melbourne, Australia' preset. No, I have to change every damn thing from U.S. time to my own. Sucks. At the moment it thinks the time is 7:43 am on April the 17th, when it is in fact 12:48 am on April the 18th. OK, I know, I have to get up in 8 hours. Hey that's not bad... but not enough sleep, somehow.

The format is most recent post to first post. I can see why it needs to be like this, but sometimes it doesn't seem right. Like if I want to read someone's blog from 1st post to last, I'm forever wading from the bottom of the page to the top.

The quotes don't work. Again, I could just be incompetent.

the cat fell through the roof


And other things! Don't you think for one second that just because I can't think of them they don't exist! Nosiree! Humm!


If you think I'm complaining needlessly about small things which really don't affect the rotation of the earth or other important issues, you may be right. That doesn't change the fact.

2 comments:

Richard said...

1. Try this: &t;a href="your link url">your link url&t;/a>

2. Mine usually appear instantly.

3. Time zone is under Formatting - Publishing.

4. Valid point.

5. Yes you are.

6. Valid point.

7. Gawain, get some sleep.

The Saxman said...

Thanks, man.

I think.


However, good points, especially 7. THAT is the pot calling the kettle a paranoid bi-polar mess, though.