Saturday, September 03, 2005

I'm worried about drinking.

Is there any way to turn back? I detest the taste of alcohol, always have, except some mixer drinks are nice. These days I have something whenever I go out. I never wanted to be like that. I saw what happened to other people who went too far down The Dark Path, Forever Will It Dominate Your Destiny! Anyway enough SW, all that's left for me to do is actually get drunk. I don't want to do that unless it's with a group of close friends, preferably not at a pub. So I'm hoping once i've done that, then I'll know what it's like and never need to drink again.

Well, maybe like once every 4 months or so. But no more. Call me a nerd, but I like to know what I'm putting in my body.

14 comments:

Richard said...

"I like to know what I'm putting in my body."

That's not what you were saying last night...

The Saxman said...

You'd like that, WOULDN'T YOU!!!

Araluena said...

Heh.

So many things to say in response to that.
I doubt that you'd appreciate any of them.

Dogtime said...

Saxman, you're a legend

The Saxman said...

Thanks maddie, you're not so bad yourself. Nice poetry.

The Maneuver said...

Yeah, a party's the best place to get drunk. Unless you go down to the pub while in your alcohol affected state, which I found out the hard way. Very embarassing.

The Saxman said...

But it sounds like so much fun! And I would be hilarious. Maybe. Or maybe I'd just get all emotional.

Dogtime said...

yeah, when my boyfriend gets drunk he gets emotional. and hey, i'm not complaining. he, umm.. how do you say it.., opens up more? hehe.

Araluena said...

Gawain, I have a random Ridley person on my msn list. He says that if I don't know who he is then either Gawain or Nyssa added me. Since I don't think he'd know the Nyssa that I know, it means YOU must have added me.

WHY???

The Saxman said...

Who is it? And how many Nyssas are there in the world?

Araluena said...

He said his name was Rohan.

Wolf-bones said...

Oh, the Great Pen?

He's been doing that to a few people, I think.

Anonymous said...

I used to be the same as you, I had no desire to drink, in fact I was a bit scared.

But seriously, as long as you have eaten beforehand, don't mix drinks and drink at a reasonable pace, then you should be fine.

I have been pretty blind before, which was awesome fun, but I'd like to think that I wouldn't get to the point where I'd vomit everywhere and pass out in it. I'd certainly stop drinking to that extent if I disgraced myself.

You really just need to know your limits, and have the strength to say "enough is enough".

But in my opinion, if it's a bit of fun and you're feeling good, then alcohol in moderation isn't a problem.

PS/ Drink LOTS of water to help keep your hydrated, and minismise the chance of a killer hangover the next morning! :P

The Saxman said...

Thanks dude - all good tips. You're back in my will