Friday, May 06, 2005

International Tuba Day!

Apparently it is. A very Happy International Tuba Day to everyone out there! And rock on tubas! If that's what you do.

Great concert tonight. (I know I shouldn't have gone, shut up conscience.) MSO played Sorcerer's Apprentice by Dukas (from Fantasia, of course) and an awesome symphony by Vaughan Williams, 'London' Symphony No. 2. I believe I now love a lot of Ralph Vaughan Williams' stuff. There was a tuba in it, too.

OK, so... to summarise. Today i did lots of work (for me). Vacuuming of my room occurred. Why I bother writing this I know not, but if the little things don't keep us excited, the big things never will. Saw MSO tonight with Erin and Makin (John), ordered pizza from Pepperoni's (The Best Pizza In Town! What a claim!) which took ages to arrive, but was pretty good I guess. Good thing it did too, bcos then we were on the same tram as Rohan (trumpet, from Con) and afterwards Kytl, May-bel, Supple, Rob, Kimby, Sil all boarded. So it was a big fat college people party going on in the tram. Now May-bel, John and Will are in the JACE watching Indiana Jones. The first one. I like Indiana Jones, it may have cheese but it also has fun.

And now, adieu! Parting, alas, is such sweet sorrow.... does everyone just say that, or is it from Shakespeare or something? Keine Ahnung. Gute Nacht zu dir, Herr Tuba!

4 comments:

Richard said...

Why didn't you tell me it was International Tuba Day???

The Saxman said...

I just did.

Anyway, I heard it from some other weird guy first....

Wolf-bones said...

Was it Alex?

The Saxman said...

No, some some paranoid bi-polar mess.